Check out www.GXSLab.com
Nov 2019 - Walzak becomes Director of the Global Experiential Sport Lab www.gxslab.com
Walzak is Co-Chairing the 10th Annual Sport and Society Conference at Ryerson University June 20-21, 2019, with Joe Recupero, Program Director and Assistant Professor, RTA Sport Media, Ryerson University.
ESPORTS & AUDIENCES (DIGITALIZATION & COMMERCIALIZATION OF ESPORTS).
WHY ARE FEMALES WORTH LESS THAN MALES IN SPORT?...Stay Tuned...
ENDORSEMENTS & FANS
The professional athlete: A pilot study of a marketer’s effectiveness in endorsement based on link between current models and sport fan behaviours.....stay tuned.
GLOBAL WOMEN IN SPORT
Laurel works to galvanize global leaders in the sports industry, to engage in meaningful discussion about inequities for women in sports with a specific and focused call to action for improvements and ultimately action for systemic change and women empowerment.
FOUR (4) STRATEGIC CATEGORIES WHICH REQUIRE SYSTEMIC CHANGE FOR WOMEN IN SPORT, L.WALZAK:
1. Access & Participation: Growth of the Game/ Sport - From Grassroots to Professional.
2. Broadcast Programming: Media’s Role - Portrayal, Stereotypes and Representation.
3. Exposure: Broadcast and Overall Marketer’s Role - Marketing to Fans.
4. Commercialization: Funding, Under-representation, Opportunities, Decision Making, Earning Power and Governance.
Some Examples Only.
1. Full Stream Ahead by Jeff Hamilton, Winnipeg Free Press Laurel's opinion on Broadcast and Streaming Sports "It’s about trying to get a piece of a very lucrative pie that comes with owning the streaming rights for live sports," said Laurel Walzak, an assistant professor who specializes in sports media at the RTA School of Media at Ryerson University in Toronto.
2. The Olympic-McDonald’s breakup: It’s not you, it’s us, by L. Walzak via The Conversation
2. Business of the Mayweather vs. McGregor Mega Fight (CBC Radio Interviews)
3. China Europe International Business School, CEIBS, Shanghai, China https://youtu.be/8E-Kj9yq9po
4. WiSE https://youtu.be/ToseqUfKzO4
5. DAIS/Bell Media/ Ryerson https://www.facebook.com/pg/daiscreates/videos/
6. Business & Burn Out http://bit.ly/2r1BtAf
7. 500 Women Are Transforming Canada's Economic Strengths https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/500-women-transforming-canadas-economic-strengths-laurel-walzak
8. International Women's Day https://www.walktop.com/blogs/walktop-news/a-womans-perspective-on-international-womens-day